Did You Know?
Effective Communications with residents are a top priority for the Franklin Lakes Mayor and Council. You should be aware of the several ways in which you can
receive important communications from the Borough.
E-Blast Communication Program Join Our E-Blast Lists!
To start receiving these informative communications, sign up for one or all of the Borough’s the e-blasts at www.franklinlakes.org/eblast.
- Borough Happenings Weekly e-mail sent every Friday. The e-mail includes information from the Borough with news, emergency alerts, garbage and recycling announcements, information on special events, and upcoming meetings.
- The Latest Buzz (our latest feature!) Periodic e-mails are sent on issues that seem to generate the most buzz throughout town, which may be under-reported in other news outlets. For information on the current topics, visit www.franklinlakes.com/buzz.
- Recreation Happenings Weekly e-mail with information about Recreation programs including registrations to youth sports, clinics and important dates from the Recreation Department.
- Mayors Wellness Campaign The Mayors Wellness Campaign sends periodic e-mails on programs throughout the year that are designed to promote healthy activities and well-being in the Franklin Lakes community.
Community Alert Notification System
The Borough of Franklin Lakes utilizes a community alert notification service called Nixle, which will alert residents on localized emergency situations and relevant community advisories. Nixle is administered through the Franklin Lakes Police Department.
The Borough will create and publish messages through Nixle. Nixle will then deliver this information to residents instantly through text or email. Typically, this will be real-time communication on issues such as paving projects, road closings, storm information, emergency management alerts, garbage and recycling schedule changes, and public events.
“So easy to sign up for Nixle alerts.”
To sign up to receive alerts:
- Just text 07417 or FLPD to 888777 from your mobile phone; or
- Visit www.franklinlakes.org/Nixle or look for the Nixle icon on the Borough’s website at www.franklinlakes.org.