The Franklin Avenue Middle School (FAMS) is a proud member of the National PTA and the New Jersey PTA. As all local PTA chapters, we are a self-governing membership association whose main purpose is to promote the health, welfare, safety and education of children and youth at school and at home.
The PTA’s vision is “Making every child’s potential a reality.” The WAS PTA does helps fulfill this vision in the following ways:
- Making our school a better place to learn by funding assemblies, special programs, books, playground equipment and other resources to enhance the overall learning environment for our children.
- Providing before and after-school enrichment programs for children to help children explore a wide range of interests and extend learning outside of the traditional classroom setting.
- Partnering with the PTAs and organizations in our District and town to provide/promote resources for parents on topics including but not limited to: parenting, technology, learning styles, educational trends, bullying, etc.
- Increasing awareness about legislation or policy impacting children, students and schools.
- Volunteering countless hours to make all of this possible!
Every year, we set the lofty goal of 100% membership from our FAMS families. Every child at our school benefits from the work of your PTA. Each school has its own PTA. The organizations are separate, so membership and fundraising for FAMS is separate from the other elementary schools in our district. Our hope is that every family will show its support and appreciation for the work done by the PTA at FAMS by becoming a member.
The Woodside Avenue School PTA is recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)3 charitable organization.