This is the CRS PTA Back to School Packet! Please be sure to read through for very important information regarding e-blast signups, school lunch programs, school supply list and much much more.
For your convience you can download the entire packet!
Click on this link: Back To School Packet 2016
What's happening at CRS?
Make sure you follow us on Facebook to keep up with all that's happening at Colonial Road School!! https://www.facebook.com/crspta
Why are there so many fundraisers?
Doesn't it always feel like you are being bombarded by fundraisers? Well, we certainly understand that feeling and we are right there with you...some of you may have just entered the school systems and some of you may have been here since Colonial re-opened in 2004, and we know what it's like to be asked to donate all the time.
We are actually very lucky to have a school district filled with families who are willing to volunteer their time to work on the educational and school wide organizations such as FLEF and the elementary PTAs. It is also our job, as the PTA and FLEF, to raise money to pay for programs and educational tools that will benefit our children and our school.
For those who do not come to our PTA meetings, we thought it would be nice to give you a glimpse into some of the things we have purchased and paid for. Please know that this list does NOT included everything. There are many basic items that we purchase for the school and the children that are not reflected on this list nor on the one listed at the top of the page. We hope this helps shed a little light on why organizations such as ours needs to continually raise money and we hope that you will continue to support us.
What have we funded this past year?
The PTA has funded many various activities and educational tools and programs for the children here are CRS. Here are a few items of what we have done and what we are looking to do in the near future.
- Purchased Apples for the children for Healthy Heart Week
- Sponsoring the mural in the front lobby
- Purchased new light up stars for the Holiday concerts
- Purchased new bulletin board in vestibule
- Purchased a sofa for the counselor's office
- Purchased over a thousand books to the CRS library every year
- Purchased E-books for the library for grades K-5
- Payment of ALL assembly programs for grades K-5, such as the Otto program for the Kindergarteners, Anti-bully and Science programs, all the way up to the Holocaust assembly for the 5th graders
- Paid for the Garden and Landscaping in front of the school
- Purchased Rainy day games for ALL class rooms in CRS
- Purchased new wide screen television for the library room
- Purchased Apple USB Superdrive DVD players for all 5th grade class rooms
- Purchased AV Cart for the library
- Purchased classroom posters
- Purchased Dry erase board/markers specialized for music
- Purchased Bugs Discovery Kits/Greenhouse Sets/Solar System Fact Finder
- Purchased Privacy partitions for the children
- Purchased all teacher/staff appreciation breakfast and lunch programs
- Purchased new gym equipment
- Purchased lunch baskets to all class rooms
- Purchased for the Nurses office: emergency clothing for the children and new health guideline books for the staff
- Donated new CRS Field trip T-shirts to all students and staff in 2013 school year when the new shirts were designed